Thursday 9 February 2012

Making my contents page...

Programme used: Photoshop
I decided to change the colour exposure of the main picture so that it had a light overly white colour and the piano was in the background so that the writing stood out. I also used an effect for the picture which was the 'pencil sketch' effect, I used this effect so that the background looked a bit more 'authentic'.
Here I have started to add the title. I used the same font that I used for the front cover, but I used a different layer again to make the 'c' look bigger. I used a light rose/brown colour for contents as I felt that it matched the bottom of the violin and made it look more soft instead of just black, I than added effect to the writing starting of with the letter 'c' which I used a glow outline and inner shadow. Then I used a simple inner shadow for 'ontents' I was originally going to use gold but then decided not to as I felt it would bled in too much with the background.
Here I have started to add the writing, which is i italics ad the same colour of 'contents'. I made sure that the numbers where in a bold font and bigger so that it was the first thing they looked at. As you can see I have also used the shape tool to add black and gold box's with headings of 'feature', 'news' and 'reviews' I decided to do this as I wanted to carry on the 'black and gold' theme and I thought it gave it a unique touch. 
I finally added the website again at the bottom just so the reader didn't forget. And the date at the top so the reader knew how often it was issued.

No comments:

Post a Comment